fuck soa :(
I saw this cute girl at a coffee shop sitting all alone and I came up to her and asked her what she was drinking she told me “That’s...
(After giving her attention and affection.)
Girl baby: [whispering…] “…te amo.”
Me: [water eyes] “I love...
the reason members of oppressed groups speak out loudly and sometimes aggressively against their oppressors on tumblr is because...
i want a person i don’t need to wear my ego to be with. i’m not lonely so much as just tired of having to remind myself i’m the shit.
If you watched the debacle that was, and is, the fight over something as basic as public health policy in my country over the last couple of years, imagine the ineffectiveness that Americans are going to offer the world when it comes to something really complicated like global warming. We can’t even get healthcare for our citizens on a basic level. And the argument comes down to: “Goddamn this socialist president. Does he think I’m going to pay to keep other people healthy? It’s socialism, motherfucker.”
What do you think group health insurance is? You know you ask these guys, “Do you have group health insurance where you …?” “Oh yeah, I get …” you know, “my law firm …” So when you get sick you’re able to afford the treatment.
The treatment comes because you have enough people in your law firm so you’re able to get health insurance enough for them to stay healthy. So the actuarial tables work and all of you, when you do get sick, are able to have the resources there to get better because you’re relying on the idea of the group. Yeah. And they nod their heads, and you go “Brother, that’s socialism. You know it is.”
And … you know when you say, OK, we’re going to do what we’re doing for your law firm but we’re going to do it for 300 million Americans and we’re going to make it affordable for everybody that way. And yes, it means that you’re going to be paying for the other guys in the society, the same way you pay for the other guys in the law firm … Their eyes glaze. You know they don’t want to hear it. It’s too much. Too much to contemplate the idea that the whole country might be actually connected.
I’m not sure if you managed to get it done since you sent this message, but here are some steps to follow just in case.
- Write down all of the things that need to be done for this assignment. If it’s a paper, divide it into sections like Introduction, Conclusion, Argument 1, Argument 2, etc. If it’s studying, divide it into groups of pages or headings that you need to read. That sort of thing. Don’t worry about if it’s in order of importance, just get it all on the page.
- Take a break, preferably an active one. Get up, walk around the block, go up and down some stairs a few times, that sort of thing. Do this for about five minutes.
- Organize your list in order of importance or in the order you want to complete the tasks.
- Take another break.
- Cover up all of the list with a piece of paper, except the first thing, and do it. When you’re done, draw a line through it.
- Take a break.
- Move your paper down so you can see the next thing on the list (but nothing else). Do that thing, then cross it off your list.
- Take a break.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you’re finished.
This will take a while, but it will do a few things.
First, covering up the long list of tasks will help minimize your anxiety because you can only see the one thing that you need to do right then.
Second, if you are feeling anxious, physical activity can be a huge help in expending nervous energy and help you calm down.
Third, you will get your work finished!
Do your best, remember to breathe, and let us know how it goes.